We started Deepnote to help data teams solve the most difficult problems. To do that, we don’t just need better algorithms, bigger datasets and more computing power. We need powerful tools that inspire us to explore, reason and collaborate. These tools do not exist yet. As one of the first Product Designers at Deepnote, you will help us build them.
We are looking for an experienced product designer with 3+ years of experience in crafting tools or complex apps, and passion for creating high-quality UI and UX. In this role, you will be working alongside the Head of Design, CEO, engineers, product managers and marketers and directly shape the culture of our small, but mighty design org.
What you'll work on:
- You will have full end-to-end ownership of all features and problems you decide to tackle. Your work will span across user research, prototyping, UX and UI design, to final release polishing. We ship work that we are proud of and never stop thinking about how the work we produce can be improved.
- You will work across components of the whole Deepnote experience - this includes the notebook interface, dashboards, community profiles and our landing page. You will also support the team in our marketing and communication design efforts.
- You will extensively collaborate ****with other team members (engineers, marketers, PMs, CEO) - you believe inspiration can come from anywhere.
- You will help us extend and polish our internal design system.
- Being the second product designer on the team, you will contribute to hiring and building a strong design culture within Deepnote.
- You have 3+ years of design experience from product-driven tech companies.
- You have a bias for action and you love being a part of a fast-paced team.
- You are a strong communicator who can lead an engineering handoff.
- You are familiar with Figma, Sketch or similar design tools.
- You have previously designed developer tools or data science platforms.