We're looking for a Marketing Lead to join our team and help us build out Deepnote's marketing function from the ground up.
Deepnote is a product- and community-led startup. As such, great product, content, and community are all strategically important to us. We're unlocking a new phase of growth, supporting a global community of data scientists, analysts and makers in learning, sharing their work and building collaborative data products.
At the beginning, you will have full autonomy to experiment, generate and test new content, formats and channel strategies to drive new users to our platform. Over time, as we define our marketing playbook and grow, you will have the opportunity to hire and lead the marketing team, working at the intersection of marketing and growth.
What you'll work on:
- You will develop and execute experiments across owned, paid and earned channels to generate awareness around Deepnote and drive user sign-ups.
- You will define and uphold how we measure the performance of marketing experiments and lead the team to iterate on learnings.
- You will own Deepnote's external communications, including feature launches, announcements, support team-led content development and be the voice of our company in the broader data science community.
- You will drive SEO strategy across content generated by both the Deepnote team & community, and ensure any learnings are integrated into our overall content strategy.
- You will drive and scale Deepnote's events and programs (e.g., influencers program, Customer advisory board).
- You will set up the marketing technology infrastructure to scale communications as we grow (i.e., CRM, marketing automation tooling as needed).
- You will work closely with our CEO, Product, Engineering and Community leads to shape and drive Deepnote's go-to-market strategy.
- All in all, there is no blueprint for what your day is going to look like. As the first marketer on the team, you'll find yourself wearing many hats - from writing a piece for our, coordinating a campaign for a new product launch, to driving an integration partnership. Your goal will be to remove roadblocks that hinder Deepnote's growth - and you will have the full support and autonomy to do so.
- You have 3-6 years of Growth marketing / Marketing experience in a B2C or B2C2B startup / scale-up.
- You have a working knowledge of either the developer tooling or the data tooling landscape (notebooks, visualization and BI tools, data pipelines) and a good understanding of user personas in the market and related channels.
- You have a spike in content marketing, including a strong understanding of SEO strategies and tooling.
- You have demonstrated success in positioning, launching and scaling marketing experiments and programs across different channels.
- You're an execution machine and highly organized.
- You like data, have an analytical mind and a drive to understand the why behind numbers.